HABC Level 2 Award Food Safety in CateringNationally accredited, one day course
Food Safety training develops the knowledge and confidence to enable staff to produce and serve safe food and drink. It is a legal requirement that all food handlers receive training in line with their responsibilities and job role.
Who needs this qualification?
People preparing, cooking or handling food which other people will consume.
- Personal hygiene requirements
- Food poisoning, effects and controls
- Safe preparation, cooking and storing of foods
- Cleaning and effective housekeeping
- Legal requirements in relation to food premises
- Types of contamination and how they can be controlled
Food Safety training is a requirement of all food businesses, non-compliance can impact on the Food Hygiene rating given to your establishment. This can affect customer’s choices – check the Food Standards Agency for the ratings in your area.