Dementia WorkshopOne day course for those taking a lead in providing positive Dementia care in the workplace
Why is this training important?
This one day workshop aims to develop the knowledge and skills required when providing positive care for people with dementia and their families. It gives an awareness of the causes and symptoms of dementia and is aligned to the National Dementia Strategy.
Who needs this training?
Those who wish to act as a Dementia lead within a workplace, supporting other staff and developing good practice for groups and individuals.
It is also valuable for anyone involved in Dementia care, either in a work or home environment.
We will help you improve your knowledge and understanding of:
- “What is dementia” types, progression, common symptoms and behaviours
- Techniques to improve communication with those living with Dementia
- Awareness of the value of “Life Story” and using one page profiles
- Techniques to promote good diet and hydration
- Methods to promote personal hygiene
- Promoting and delivering meaningful activities to promote “Living a good life”
- Importance of support for carers and families