HABC Level 2 Safe Moving and HandlingNationally accredited, one day course specifically for the Care sector
Under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992, employers are required to take appropriate steps to reduce the risk of injury to employees – this includes suitable training. The HABC Level 2 Award combines both the theoretical and hands-on elements of the subject. It teaches learners techniques to lift, carry, push and pull objects while relating the activities to a care setting. The course also includes the safe use of a variety of equipment and time is allowed to fill specific, individual, training needs.
Who needs this qualification?
All employees who have to carry out any manual handling activities at work
- Identify and understand the risks associated with manual handling
- Learn the value of risk assessment and how to apply it
- Awareness of back care
- Awareness of legal requirements
- Safe practices when assisting individuals
- Outcomes dependant on individual’s requirements
How long is the course?
The Level 2 Safe Moving and Handling training is a one day course. Starting at 0930 and finishing at 1700.