HABC Level 3 Emergency First Aid at WorkNationally accredited, three day course, for those wishing to become a nominated First Aider.
Why is this training important?
This accredited qualification is for those already working, or preparing to work towards, becoming a nominated First Aider in the Workplace. This is in accordance with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. First aid knowledge will give you the confidence to act and deal with a variety situations at work and home.
Who needs this training/ qualification?
Those identified as being suitable to take on the role as First Aider in the workplace. This can be as an employee or volunteer in a charity or CIC organisation. The course will help support and develop learners to enable them to feel confident in their role.
- Initial Care- Regulations, Initial Assessment, Unconsciousness, Breathing and Recovery Position
- Injury Management- Breaks & Fractures, Wounds, Burns, Head Injuries, Chest Injuries
- Illness Assessment- Respiratory System & Hypoxia, Diabetes, Anaphylactic shock, Heart Attack, Angina,
- Stroke, Asthma & Respiratory problems and Hyperventilating
- Cardiac Problems- The Heart, Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Heart Attacks and CPR and the introduction to the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Primary Care First Aid Problems, Adult Chocking, Conscious & Unconscious, Serious Bleeding Management & Wounds, Shock, Spinal Injury Management
Our courses are usually run at our training venue in Ipswich but, if you have a small group requiring this qualification we can hold it at your site if a suitable room is available.
How long is the course?
The Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work is a three day course. Starting at 0930 and finishing at 1630 on the dates published. All days need to be attended to complete the course.
Are there any entry requirements?
Learners should have completed the one day Emergency First Aid course. You should be able to kneel on the floor and stand back up unaided as part of the assessment.
How is the course assessed?
By on-going practical activities and short answer questions during the 3 days. These can be completed verbally, if necessary please let us know before the start of the course if you will need this option.
When will I know if I have passed?
Results are usually with us within 3 weeks and the certificates are then sent, first class, signed for, Royal Mail delivery.
Do I need to bring anything?
On the first day you will need to show proof of identification such as passport, driving licence or a signed bank card. This is a requirement of the Awarding Body HABC, Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance.
We supply tea, coffee and biscuits but not lunch however there is an on-site cafe or local shops if you wish to purchase lunch.
What is the cost?
The cost is £195 (plus VAT) per person. Group discounts are available for 6 or more people.