HABC Level 2 Award Health and Safety in the WorkplaceTailored to meet the requirements of a Care environment
Why is this training important?
Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. Employees need the right knowledge and the right attitude which is achieved following engaging training.
Who needs this qualification?
People required to recognise and deal with hazards in the workplace and implement safe systems of work. It provides learners with knowledge of the health and safety practices essential in the workplace.
- Principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
- The importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Hazards, risks and main causes of harm to workers
- The importance of following systems, procedures and rules.
- How individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
How long is the course?
Are there any entry requirements?
How is the course assessed?
When will I know if I have passed?
Do I need to bring anything?
We supply tea, coffee and biscuits but not lunch. There is an on-site cafe or local shops if you wish to purchase lunch.