HABC Level 2 Award Health and Safety in the WorkplaceTailored to meet the requirements of a Care environment
Why is this training important?
Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. Employees need the right knowledge and the right attitude which is achieved following engaging training.
Who needs this qualification?
People required to recognise and deal with hazards in the workplace and implement safe systems of work. It provides learners with knowledge of the health and safety practices essential in the workplace.
- Principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
- The importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Hazards, risks and main causes of harm to workers
- The importance of following systems, procedures and rules.
- How individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
How long is the course?
The Level 2 Health and Safety is a one day course. Starting at 0930 and finishing at 1630.
Are there any entry requirements?
The course is delivered in English so a basic understanding is needed.
How is the course assessed?
By a 20 question, multiple choice assessment.These can be completed verbally, please let us know before the day if you will need this option.
When will I know if I have passed?
Results are usually with us within 3 weeks and the certificates are sent, first class, signed for, Royal Mail delivery.
Do I need to bring anything?
You will need proof of identification such as passport, driving licence or a signed bank card. This is a requirement of the Awarding Body HABC, Hiighfield Awarding Body for Compliance.
We supply tea, coffee and biscuits but not lunch. There is an on-site cafe or local shops if you wish to purchase lunch.
How much does it cost?
The cost of this course is £70 – this includes registration and certification with the Awarding Body. A discount price is available for groups of 6 or more.