Infection Prevention and Control
The prevention and control of infection is an essential requirement in any healthcare setting. Infection prevention and control knowledge, activity and training form part of a range of measures that are required to provide evidence of safe care provision to the Care Quality Commission as well as meeting relevant legal responsibilities.
Who needs this course?
All staff working within any registered field of health or social care. An annual refresher is recommended for this subject.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- State what causes infection
- Describe how infection can be transmitted
- Recognise and follow standard precautions for infection control and prevention
- Carry out a simple assessment of risk for the spread of infection
- Demonstrate effective hand washing technique
- Recognise personal and organisational responsibility and accountability
- Identify relevant legislation and regulations in place for infection control and prevention
Half Day (3 Hours)
No formal assessment
Certificate of completion
Hand hygiene practice for soap and water hand wash as well as correct use of alcohol gel
QCF Units IC01/02/03
£55 per delegate + VAT includes course booklet, exam fee and certificate