Level 2 Award in Healthier
Food and Special Diets
The benefits of a health and varied diet are indisputable. This qualification has been designed to provide a good, basic understanding of nutrition.
Why is this training important?
The Government is committed to reducing death and ill health caused by diet- related disease. More than ever caterers need to understand the link between diet and health.
Why needs this qualification?
All employees in catering environments involved in the selection of menus, recipes and ingredients. It is also relevant for those in the health care and education sectors.
- Good basic understanding of nutrition principles and terminology
- Understanding the requirements of balanced diet and its positive effect on health
- Identify differing needs, allergies and food intolerances
- Appreciate that different groups of people require different diets to suit their lifestyle
- Knowledge of the requirements of the current legislation
- Understand the impact of food processing and manufacturing on the nutritional content of foods
- Appreciate the importance of accurate nutritional information being available on food products.
Multiple choice examination
Ofqual Qualification reference
Next Course Dates
Monday 21st August 2017 – Felaw Maltings, Ipswich – Click to Book